Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

The company I work for currently has all of our processes and procedures in a binder but is looking for a document control software to get better organized. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any softwares I could check out. Ideally, it would:

-be web-based and easily accessible by supervisors at any of our multiple locations

-be able to archive previous versions of documents

-allow supervisors to submit revisions that could then be reviewed/approved by upper management

-allow related training documents/etc to be attached

-ideally (but maybe not realistically), have built in SQF code for easier organization/automatic updating of table of contents

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ebb30

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

Have you looked into QPulse? I used it at my previous company and it was wonderful. It hits all of your main points except the very last. It is a bit pricey which is why I could not get it at my current company, but it allows for very good document control, you can limit access, you have to check out documents in order to change them, and then set who needs to approve it before it is back in the system (archives old versions). You can also log observations, do corrective actions and assign tasks to various people within that CA, etc. You can also do trending. It was a very good program, I really miss it. Good luck in your search!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

The company I work for currently has all of our processes and procedures in a binder but is looking for a document control software to get better organized. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any softwares I could check out. Ideally, it would:

-be web-based and easily accessible by supervisors at any of our multiple locations

-be able to archive previous versions of documents

-allow supervisors to submit revisions that could then be reviewed/approved by upper management

-allow related training documents/etc to be attached

-ideally (but maybe not realistically), have built in SQF code for easier organization/automatic updating of table of contents

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Elias,

You might also try a search on this Forum. There is a small encyclopedia of starting queries similar to yours which may include  yr requirement.

also -

http://www.ifsqn.com...cument-control/

http://www.ifsqn.com...ement-software/

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users