• Quick Navigation
Photo

SQF8 - 2.7.1.3 Food Defense Plan, meaning Challenged ?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

CLN

Grade - AIFSQN

• 39 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Looking for an explanation or definition to word "challenged” in the SQF edition 8.0, Is SQFI requiring that we should be testing our security measure to see if they are affective beyond doing a Security Audit?

2.7.1.3 The food defense plan shall be reviewed and challenged at least annually.  

David C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hi David,

There were no prior requirements to check and review the measures and methods implemented were effective. If you are conducting a documented Security Audit that covers the methods and measures described in the food defense plan and you are also reviewing the results of this audit and the plan (minimum annually) then you are meeting the new requirements.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Notsewb

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

I had to search this clarification since my initial thought was; not another "Mock" or Simulation of an issue that can potentially occur. I am all for discussing issues that we could potentially face and ways to solve those issues. 

I have a hard time coming up with "Mock" instances to test a program . Now they added Mock Recall to 2.6.3.2 Investigation shall be undertaken to determine the root cause... that will take some inventiveness that I am not looking forward to for my simulation in February 2018. My team has little experience with actual recalls occurring, :thumbup:  thank goodness but with out that experience creating a fake root cause to a fake occurrence will take most of the time of our meeting.  :yeahrite:  :blush:  :closedeyes:

Thanks  Tony C. for the clarification  :clap:

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Great example is security camera footage. A recent mock event at our facility showed that not enough people knew how to operate the system to investigate issues via camera footage. And further, it rewrites every two weeks, and no one knew how to save footage so that it didn't get overwritten eventually.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users