• 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

Hi all,

This might sound a daft question but here goes! We prepare cut vegetables, salads and juices in our facility and until now putting the RTE products (salad, dry coleslaw mix etc) into cold storage has always been a CCP with a critical limit of 8°C. But in a recent audit the auditor suggested that this may not necessarily need to be a CCP as it can be part of our pre-requisites. I argued that since there are multiple methods of storage temperature monitoring on our site for this that it should remain a CCP but it definitely made me think twice.

Am totally open to being told I'm right or wrong about this.

Andy

On the Ball, City

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hi Andy,

FS Standard ? (I forget)

IMEX the common answer (if standard is unspecified) is either but depending how you present yr haccp plan.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hi Charles, we work to the STS Public Sector standard (think it sits somewhere between SALSA and BRC in terms of complexity and commercial stature).

Regards,

Andy

On the Ball, City

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

It's kind of up to you, which doesn't help I know. I have low and high risk clients and they have chilled storage as a pre requisite. it is still monitored but it's just not a CCP.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Hi Andy,

I'm guessing you mean the STS Public Sector COP.

If so, I had a quick look and they appear to simply follow Codex plus allow you to choose yr PRPs as long as you include the stipulated ones.

Accordingly, here is one example of, i think, yr kind of system with storage as a PRP. Can compare to yr own haccp plan.

Attached File  HACCP Generic Model_ Spices – Ready-to-Eat Fresh-Cut Vegetables – Forms - HACCP Generic Model for Ready-To-Eat Fresh-Cut Vegetables - Food - Canadian Food Inspection Agency.pdf   427.04KB   169 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

It's kind of up to you, which doesn't help I know. I have low and high risk clients and they have chilled storage as a pre requisite. it is still monitored but it's just not a CCP.

Hi Andy,

I'm guessing you mean the STS Public Sector COP.

If so, I had a quick look and they appear to simply follow Codex plus allow you to choose yr PRPs as long as you include the stipulated ones.

Accordingly, here is one example of, i think, yr kind of system with storage as a PRP. Can compare to yr own haccp plan.

attachicon.gifHACCP Generic Model_ Spices – Ready-to-Eat Fresh-Cut Vegetables – Forms - HACCP Generic Model for Ready-To-Eat Fresh-Cut Vegetables - Food - Canadian Food Inspection Agency.pdf

Thanks for your input trubertg and Charles. From what you have both said I will have a think about whether I keep it as a CCP or not and will present our reformed HACCP plan accordingly if necessary. Thank you also for these documents posted, I'll make a point of looking through these and will see if there is any info I can take from them.

Regards,

Andy

On the Ball, City

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users