Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

Hi there, I work in a tropical fruit processing facility. Our main products are: aseptic mango puree, IQF mango cheeks and dice. I am looking for a Food Defense Plan relevant to Australia. Is there any Aussies out there who have a current plan, all I keep getting is U.S. plans, which are fine, however, I want to make sure our plan covers all aspects of the Australian Food industry. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

Hi there, I work in a tropical fruit processing facility. Our main products are: aseptic mango puree, IQF mango cheeks and dice. I am looking for a Food Defense Plan relevant to Australia. Is there any Aussies out there who have a current plan, all I keep getting is U.S. plans, which are fine, however, I want to make sure our plan covers all aspects of the Australian Food industry. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Hi foodpac,

Victoria 2014 seemed to follow USA –

Attached File  Food Defence, Dairy Industry - Technical Information.pdf   387.94KB   137 downloads

searching FoodStandards.gov.au  >>> Nada

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Karenconstable

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 90 posts
  • 38 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

USA food defense plans are completely relevant to the Australian food industry; even though the risks might be different, the types of food attack that need to be protected against are the same, the various areas of vulnerability within food facilities are the same and the control methods that can be used to reduce the risk are the same.  Don't forget to include threats from 'insiders' in your plan.

Regards,

Karen Constable

Food Fraud Prevention (VACCP) Programs | Food Fraud Training |

Consulting | Advisory | Compliance

The Rotten Apple Newsletter

Derf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

Likely you have seen this but whilst not being a specific plan covering aspect of the Australian Food Industry, or even necessarily Food Defence always found the Business Continuity guide (and others) on the following site quite good.

https://www.wowlink.... and guidelines

There is also other "stuff" that may be of interest if you look further on the site.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users