• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hello All,

I'm currently employed at a grain elevator, with the main functions being receiving, cleaning and shipping of whole grains for further processing.

We have identified one of the main hazards in our process as FM, specifically the risks associated with the conveyor and leg belting.

Most all of our belting material is multilayered with a black rubber backing.

I'm wondering if anyone is using a similar material for product conveyance, and if so, would be willing to share some of the PM or maintenance SOP's.

I am struggling with what does good/bad look like during maintenance checks and what belt conditions would be cause for a line shut down.

Thank You,

Ansh3

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hi Garym,

Try environmental sampling zoning pdf's on google. They give a fair idea of what all needs to be checked. I remember researching this while setting up microbiological zoning for our company. Conveyor's are zone one.

Will try if I can dig up conveyor maintenance manuals. Our QC is suppose to check it before every production & after cleaning post production. Maintenance team is suppose to check each monthly.

We are a shrimp processing company , lots of water involved. Grain will be a lot different . 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users