• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Hello Everybody.

I have a question that I am sure may have been answered previously but I am unable to find it.

My question is if we are using a cloud based bill of materials for our production do we need to show on the bottom of each page the relevant BRC clause number as well as the date and revision number..

We as a users are unable to alter the format of the page other than to enter data so is it necessary?

If I screen shot each page and entered that in the manual then would that suffice?

Any comments would be helpful.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Interesting question.  Our BOM systems are not our only recipe reference (because our BOM systems are rubbish if I'm honest) so we have a document controlled reference to be able to check against.  If the BOM is the only place you store your recipes, strictly speaking I would say it does have to be document controlled but if it's not then probably not.

Document control can be in many forms though.  If there is an electronic record of when and who changed the BOM, you may only have to keep an offline record to ensure the "reasons for change" to be able to comply?  I suppose the only problem comes if people use a printed copy of the BOM anywhere and knowing whether that is up to date.  A simple time / date stamp of printing may suffice though.

Thanked by 1 Member:

glcebl

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

HI GMO

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense to me.

We will have an electronic record of any alterations to the system. Also any alteration becomes a revision number and that will be shown on the page in question. It also makes sense to keep an electronic/paper record of who made the alteration and the reasons for the alteration.

Thanks for the help.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users