• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hello Food Safety professionals.  

I have run into quite a conundrum.  We have a shared line that processes both coconut water and other juices.  We are looking for a way to verify all coconut residue has been cleaned prior to running our other non-allergen containing juices.  

We are currently swabbing for allergens and the manufacturer of our swabs informed us there is no validation study for coconut residue swabbing.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  

I need a validated was to verify our cleaning program is removing all coconut residue from our equipment.

Thank You in Advance,

AM

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

Hello Food Safety professionals.  

I have run into quite a conundrum.  We have a shared line that processes both coconut water and other juices.  We are looking for a way to verify all coconut residue has been cleaned prior to running our other non-allergen containing juices.  

We are currently swabbing for allergens and the manufacturer of our swabs informed us there is no validation study for coconut residue swabbing.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  

I need a validated was to verify our cleaning program is removing all coconut residue from our equipment.

Thank You in Advance,

AM

I think you mean a validation procedure to show that that the cleaning program is ........ ???

There apparently exist kits available to detect coconut allergen. (Google) ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

You might consider utilizing FARRP (Food Allergy Research and Resource Program).  They were helpful to us when we were setting up our Allergen Control Program  You do not have to be a member to access some of the resources available on their site and they can still run tests for you at their laboratory, if you need testing done.

Attached Files

Maillard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

I think you mean a validation procedure to show that that the cleaning program is ........ ???

There apparently exist kits available to detect coconut allergen. (Google) ??

I've used these kits in the past to validate SSOPs for removal of coconut protein: http://elutiontechno...roduct/coconut/

They also have a rapid test kit as well. Both have lower limits of 2ppm so you would only be able to report out that surfaces are <2ppm after cleaning.

You might consider utilizing FARRP (Food Allergy Research and Resource Program).  They were helpful to us when we were setting up our Allergen Control Program  You do not have to be a member to access some of the resources available on their site and they can still run tests for you at their laboratory, if you need testing done.

That's a great FARRP publication i've used for reference many times as well as recommended to others.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users