• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hi

I have been asked to help a factory in Holland to become BRC accredited, i am from the UK.  Fellow Technical personnel in Holland does the documentation have to be in Dutch or English.

Thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

It has to be in a language that is understood by the people who use the documentation.

I know a lot of people in Holland speak great English, but a lot of lower level and older workers do not.

You would normally expect the documentation to be in the native language and also have relevant documentation in other translations for those that do not speak the local language.  

Cheers,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

For some internal companies, I do see manuals that are a mix in more languages. Mostly English and Dutch, sometimes German and Dutch or even French and Dutch.

Policies, management review, company descriptions, sometimes procedures and HACCP study are then in English, while forms and instructions are in Dutch (or Polish).

It depends for who the documents are intended to be used.

For multinationals the global documents are normally in English.

Even my own CB has manual in different languages. Global procedures are in English  and local in Dutch  (or at least for the departments in the Netherlands)

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users