• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hello to everyone out there,

I am currently looking online for the latest version of a BRC Guide.  Does anyone have the correct link ?

thank you.

E

Caglar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland
    Iceland

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

https://www.brcglobalstandards.com/

In this link you can choose the standard you are looking for and download it for free (requires login).

There are also guidance documents for each standard.

good luck.

Caglar

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hi Safefoodgal,

My humble apologies but yr 2nd post in this thread got accidentally deleted during some rearranging.

IIRC, it basically stated that you were interested if anyone could advise as to any certification-based training courses for BRC ?

if I have missed anything please add on a new post.

Sorry again.

PS - JFI the Guidance docs for BRC referred in post2  are, unlike SQF, sadly not free.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

Personally I've never had a training course for BRC, I simply attend the update meetings when they happen.  As Charles says, the interpretation guidelines aren't free but considering you used to have to pay for the standard, at least that is free nowadays.  Membership of BRC participate also brings other benefits and for the cost I'd say it's worth it and cheaper than a training course.  IMO the standards are reasonably clearly written, there is always room for interpretation but I've found in more recent years, where that room is possible, auditors have been open to discussion and as long as you've approached things reasonably have been fine with whatever you've chosen.

Honestly it's not rocket science and IMO the BRC food standard makes a great basis for a FSQMS.  Not in my current role but in the past I've structured a quality manual around it which then links to documents on each section.  Sadly nowadays I supply pretty much every major global retailer so it quickly escalates from just BRC.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users