• Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

Annual revision, no changes, need new rev. number?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ikonic_ana

ikonic_ana

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

Hi,

I have two questions 

If I do annual revision of documents , if I don't have any changes is my version number the same?

If I have changes in HACCP team, actually I was  absent for one year from company, and guy who change me do only revision of documents , but he named himself as a persone who create a procedures, do I need to do revision and make new version of documents with my name as a creator ?

BR

#2 VTRex

VTRex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

We do three digits:

Rev change is the addition or subtraction of any paragraph ie 1.00 2.00 etc

Second digit is a (significant) change within any existing paragraph ie 1.10 1.20 etc

Third digit is for spelling, grammar or puncuation (minor change) ie 1.11 1.12 etc

#3 Madam A. D-tor

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 577 posts
  • 179 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Dear VTRex,

That is a nice system.

I am wondering, do you handle the different revision updated in different ways?

E.g. if internal or external auditor finds document with version 16.2.4 in production and version 16.2.6 is actual version in your system. Would you consider this a non-conformity?

I used to not correct spelling and grammar mistakes, until I changed the documents. In the printed manual/procedure book I noted and highlighted spelling mistakes found and when updating the document took these in consideration.

Further more, if a mistake was worth enough to correct it, it is worth enough changing the  version number.

Dear ikonic-ana,

If you change relevant information in a document, you should change the version. Changes in HACCP team, seems to me as an important change.

BTW I would not name the persons in the team, but name the jobs.

For every change, please take in consideration that version control of documents is to easy verify if everyone has the same document. Especially in areas were printed documents are distributed.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

#4 beautiophile

beautiophile

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

For annual revision, you can keep the version number and record the activities of revision (date, where & who did) that nothing changed, e.g. a meeting minute.

Or you can raise the version number to indicate the year of revision and erase all existing highlights of changes when there's nothing new.

Or other idea...

#5 CMHeywood

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 79 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Review = document is still OK, no changes needed.  Keep the same revision level.  Record the review in a spreadsheet (the list of controlled documents).  This would show auditors that you are reviewing your system.

Revision = document needs to be changed (updated).  Go to the next revision level number.  Record this in the spreadsheet the lists all your controlled documents.  This would show auditors that you are making improvements to your system.

Document 1     Reviewed Sept 30, 2017     No Changes

Document 2     Revised Sept 29, 2017       Changes = xxxxx (or Changes listed on Document)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users