• Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

Government Regulatory Agency employee won't sign Visitor Policy.

Visitor Policy FDA Signature Food Defense GMPs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigLou21972

BigLou21972

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Could anyone tell me why some U.S. Government regulatory agency Officers / Auditors / Investigators / employees will not sign a visitor policy? We have a company visitor policy with GMP's, Food Safety and Food Defense criteria that we show to ALL of our visitors that would enter our warehouse storage and production areas. We ask them ALL to review the policy and sign it to acknowledge that they will abide by the criteria. We have had two government regulatory employees in the past 18 months refuse to sign the policy. The first agent said his "Superior" would not allow him to do so but did not divulge the reason why. The second agent from a different governing agency just flat out refused to sign it but with no explanation as to why not. Both agreed to read the policy but would NOT sign...What gives? Any thoughts? 

#2 FurFarmandFork

FurFarmandFork

QA Manager/FS Blogger

• IFSQN Senior
  • 488 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

If they were FDA or otherwise, no idea unless there was something in your policy they couldn't comply with (e.g. if you make them sign something that says they won't take pictures or samples, they can't sign that). If it's FSIS, they have to comply with your biosecurity and hygeine measures that you require of everyone else: https://www.fsis.usd...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

For discussions related to food safety, production, and agriculture. Check out my blog at http://furfarmandfork.com/.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#3 OPizza

OPizza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

We have the same problem.  Not only will they not sign it, but say they do not have to follow our GMPs because invite them in the building.  (USDA)  For instance, will not remove his wedding ring, with stones, or his watch.  Our GMPs say you cannot wear a hood or have strings.  He has outright said he doesn't have to follow.  Not sure what to do.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#4 sqflady

sqflady

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

I have attached a letter we were given in Wisconsin from the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.  Their policy sure does not seem to support food safety.

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

#5 BigLou21972

BigLou21972

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

I have attached a letter we were given in Wisconsin from the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.  Their policy sure does not seem to support food safety.

Thank You for that letter. I completely agree, these agents show up to make sure we are complying with Food Safety criteria per their standards but then they will not follow our standards. VERY FRUSTRATING!

#6 FurFarmandFork

FurFarmandFork

QA Manager/FS Blogger

• IFSQN Senior
  • 488 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that letter. It clearly states that they need to sign a visitor log if asked, and says nothing about you not requiring them to adhere to your GMP's. You cannot obstruct them from entering or inspecting (which you aren't by requiring no jewelry to comply with federal law, which preempts state law), or from taking photos or samples. Requiring a hairnet as a barrier to entry would in no way be considered obstructive unless you were deliberately using it to bar their entry indefinitely.

For discussions related to food safety, production, and agriculture. Check out my blog at http://furfarmandfork.com/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users