Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

I am working on SSOPs for CIP's at my plant. What would be the best format and how detailed should it be?What parameters are the most important ones ?

Please share any reference documents if you have.

kgonzalez

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

You may wish to consult your chemical manufacturer first, those we have worked with in the past are very experienced in writing SSOPs.

We include a listing of equipment needed, including which chemicals to use and at what concentrations; the frequency of cleaning and who (job title) is assigned the responsibility; procedural steps detailed enough for anyone to follow and achieve the same, validated, result; and any necessary notes on disassembly and aseptic reassembly. It may seem like a lot, but once you've got an established format they're pretty fast to write. The more detailed and specific you can make them, the stronger your sanitation program and the easier it is to validate.

One last note: the involvement of those who do the cleaning in writing these procedures is invaluable. You or your chemical provider can write what you think is necessary, but if you also have your crew teach you how they clean you can improve both written and actual procedure.

yogiv

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

You may wish to consult your chemical manufacturer first, those we have worked with in the past are very experienced in writing SSOPs.

We include a listing of equipment needed, including which chemicals to use and at what concentrations; the frequency of cleaning and who (job title) is assigned the responsibility; procedural steps detailed enough for anyone to follow and achieve the same, validated, result; and any necessary notes on disassembly and aseptic reassembly. It may seem like a lot, but once you've got an established format they're pretty fast to write. The more detailed and specific you can make them, the stronger your sanitation program and the easier it is to validate.

One last note: the involvement of those who do the cleaning in writing these procedures is invaluable. You or your chemical provider can write what you think is necessary, but if you also have your crew teach you how they clean you can improve both written and actual procedure.

That is a brilliant answer. Thank you so much.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

I HIGHLY suggest you include pictures, specifically of any pieces or parts of equipment that require disassembly for cleaning.  Also, pictures of "before" and "after" cleaning are very helpful for personnel to understand what is effective cleaning.

Verify the SSOP against the actual cleaning being done by personnel and revise as needed, or retrain personnel as needed.  I have found whenever SSOP's are created or improved there are always areas for improvement.

LachelleOMP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

I am glad I came across this...I will be calling our chemical company!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users