• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 76 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

Good Morning All,

I am after some information. I have been approach by one of the companies to try and use Stabilised Aqueous Ozone in our factory as it is “amazing” NEW thing which will “cut my cleaning time and cost”. I have learnt from experience not to trust sellers a lot.

Looking online it looks good but is here anyone who have used it before and can tell my there is a point of inviting them to my site or is it a waste of time?

Thanks for any input.

Aggie 

Agnes

Jloncar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

I think it depends on your facility and what you are producing and if it makes sense to bring it in. I have worked with a supplier in the meat industry that uses ozone and I was impressed with their application, but they had a wet environment and were having continual spray of ozone. I know that they had to go through a long study to get it approved by the USDA and prove that it was getting the needed micro log reductions.  

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

Bottled water guy here. Ozone is kind of a pain and will have a huge upfront validation and equipment cost, as well as constant monitoring, and the direct contact ozone will require ozone destruction and other safety concerns.

That being said, it is an AMAZING sanitizer, but if you are thinking you will be able to use it to clean, I'd not trust that salesperson. It has no detergent effect and is rapidly degraded by contact with organic materials.

If you're looking for an organic option with no residual, great choice. If you think it's going to be a cost benefit compared to your standard sanitizer, meh.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

agnes

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 76 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

FurFarmandFork

Thank you for your input. At least I know what I can expect.

Regards

Aggie

Agnes

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users