Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

What is the best option for cleaning food contact surfaces in a dry facility using a spray and wipe procedure?

We process walnuts and all equipment is blown off and then sprayed with a cleaner, thoroughly wiped off, and then sanitized. In the past we have used paper towels but they don't work all that well as far as absorption and tear quite quickly. I recently toured a facility that used microfiber clothes for zone 1 and then terrycloth rags for 2 & 3. They were laundered using a contracted service. I have also looked into Kimberly-Clark Wypall products as I felt that would be better because they are single use products.

What do you all feel is the best product to use for our application?

#2 FurFarmandFork

FurFarmandFork

QA Manager/FS Blogger

• IFSQN Senior
  • 447 posts
  • 226 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

We use lint free towels in our dry blow molding areas with a laundry service. The biggest thing that's hard to manage as QA is getting people to grab clean towels and properly take care of dirty ones.

I very rarely see any foreign material or debris introduced by the towels however, so they seem to work well.

For discussions related to food safety, production, and agriculture. Check out my blog at http://furfarmandfork.com/.

#3 Peaches

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

When I worked in a bakery, we used the Wypall towels that came in a large roll.  They did not tear easily, did not have lint, and were absorbent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food contact surface, cleaning, wypall, microfiber, sanitation, walnut, processing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users