• Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

What is the difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control?

Quality Assurance Control

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arlynrhea547

arlynrhea547

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

Hi everyone! This is my first time to post in this forum. Any inputs on the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance? As far as I know from my research, QA is basically more on the process, while QC is on the product. Currently, we only have QC department. But upon evaluation on the job description that our company has, it basically has a "mixed-up" of the duties and responsibilities of a QA/QC. A clear definition on QA/QC in the food industry will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Arlyn

#2 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 12,653 posts
  • 3322 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hi everyone! This is my first time to post in this forum. Any inputs on the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance? As far as I know from my research, QA is basically more on the process, while QC is on the product. Currently, we only have QC department. But upon evaluation on the job description that our company has, it basically has a "mixed-up" of the duties and responsibilities of a QA/QC. A clear definition on QA/QC in the food industry will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Arlyn

Hi Arlyn,

I think this topic was originally generated by the appearance of ISO9000 and its terminologies.

Subsequently many, many more "interested parties" have added their own 2 cents.

Just for one example -

http://www.iso9001co....com.au/QA.html

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

#3 FurFarmandFork

FurFarmandFork

QA Manager/FS Blogger

• IFSQN Principal
  • 538 posts
  • 256 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've been at different companies and it's defined differently whereever you go, some actually in opposition to each other.

Just call everything "quality", and rather than worry about assurance vs. control, I would be more explicit when an quality activity affects food safety.

QA Manager and food safety blogger in Oregon, USA.

Interested in more information on food safety and science? Check out Furfarmandfork.com for more insights!

Subscribe to have one post per week delivered straight to your inbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users