• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

We will be having our AIB audit for food distribution center i.e. warehouse. As a part of a section 1.31, it states the following info:

Personal items and Jewelry present product contamination risks if not controlled:

Critical requirements:

1.31.1.3: Personnel eat, drink, chew gum and use tobacco products only in designated areas.

1.31.1.4: Personal food and belongings are not brought into production or storage areas.

1.31.1.5: All personal property is stored in a designated area.

This section starts directly from the requirement 1.31.1.3 for food distribution center. The first 2 points are omitted from the food distribution standard which actually states that personnel in contact with food remove Jewelry and cosmetic items. These points are part of Pre-requisite and food safety standard. 

So if I look based on the 3 points mentioned in the food distribution center, it does not talk about removal of Jewelry. Any recommendations on how it should be handled?  

Thank you for your help.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

Hi,

We will be having our AIB audit for food distribution center i.e. warehouse. As a part of a section 1.31, it states the following info:

Personal items and Jewelry present product contamination risks if not controlled:

Critical requirements:

1.31.1.3: Personnel eat, drink, chew gum and use tobacco products only in designated areas.

1.31.1.4: Personal food and belongings are not brought into production or storage areas.

1.31.1.5: All personal property is stored in a designated area.

This section starts directly from the requirement 1.31.1.3 for food distribution center. The first 2 points are omitted from the food distribution standard which actually states that personnel in contact with food remove Jewelry and cosmetic items. These points are part of Pre-requisite and food safety standard. 

So if I look based on the 3 points mentioned in the food distribution center, it does not talk about removal of Jewelry. Any recommendations on how it should be handled?  

Thank you for your help.

Hi ssc,

Not an aib user but I note that the omitted clauses (involving jewelry/cosmetics) are intentionally removed (see added symbol in Clause) for  the Distribution Centre's "targetted version" of the "General" Standard.

The logic for removal seems based on the assumption that personnel involved will not (never?) contact the foods involved, eg the goods presumably remain in fully packed/enclosed condition.

Offhand, the seemingly "blanket" disregard seems odd. (Just for comparison the BRC S&D standard requires a Policy regarding jewelry).

i wonder how broken packaging units are handled within the scope of the Standard ?

Maybe the omissions are (implicitly?) handled elsewhere in the Standard ?

I noticed this comment in a 2016 inspection carried out under the FDC Standard -  "No issues with the control of jewelry or personal items were identified during the inspection". Is this (2017) text a change from the previous version of Standard ?

Any users AIB FDC Standard here ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users