Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

I am wondering how descriptive this needs to be. Is the non conformity only with relation to the deviation of critical limits or any non conformity of product specifications? Please advise. Thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

I am wondering how descriptive this needs to be. Is the non conformity only with relation to the deviation of critical limits or any non conformity of product specifications? Please advise. Thanks

Hi r.raju,

which clause in the iso22000 standard are you referring to ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

r.raju

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Charles, As per ISO there should be a documented procedure for control of non conformity correction and corrective actions. So we are trying to form this SOP but unclear what needs to be included. My staff brought me a long list of all possible non confomities with respect to each raw material and product. Should we go in such detail or is it just a generic procedure? Please advise.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hi raju,

One comment is that iso22000 is safety-limited in haccp scope.

Not a iso user myself but I think the terminology "non-conformity" is being (ISO) used in multiple ways, eg (1) generically as per iso9000 where google has  -

The definition of nonconformity is “non-fulfillment of a requirement” (ISO 9001:2005) – this basically means that a nonconformity is when you do not fulfill what is required by the standard, by your own documentation, or by a third party.

or (2) in a specific way such as per section 7.10 in the iso22000 standard.

Various other "non-conformance" terms can also be seen in use. The mixing tends to promote confusion.

Can have a look at this "info."  document, esp Pg 1 -

Attached File  Non-conformance-Category-Management.pdf   1013.74KB   501 downloads

ISO users are only too welcome to correct me if I hv misinterpreted the "iso-speak"

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

r.raju

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

Thanks Charles. I think this article helps a bit though I am still bit unclear on what exactly goes into this SOP for non conformity 😬

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Charles. I think this article helps a bit though I am still bit unclear on what exactly goes into this SOP for non conformity

Hi r.raju,

Well, the SOP will presumably involve  "Corrective/Preventive Action" but the precise details will presumably vary with the actual NC.

Maybe you could post one or two of the NCs which you have been confronted with so as to (hopefully) generate a few comments from other iso22000 users ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

r.raju

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Charles. I found some useful information on this and so I am sharing with others:

Control of nonconformity
— Nonconforming products (when CCPs are exceeded or there is a loss of control of operational PRPs) shall be identified and controlled with regard of their use and release
— Documented procedure shall be established and maintained defining: Ø identification and assessment of effected end products Ø review of the corrections carried out
— All corrections shall be approved by responsible person
— Cause and consequence, information needed for traceability shall be recorded

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thanks Charles. I found some useful information on this and so I am sharing with others:

Control of nonconformity
— Nonconforming products (when CCPs are exceeded or there is a loss of control of operational PRPs) shall be identified and controlled with regard of their use and release
— Documented procedure shall be established and maintained defining: Ø identification and assessment of effected end products Ø review of the corrections carried out
— All corrections shall be approved by responsible person
— Cause and consequence, information needed for traceability shall be recorded

Thanks. I think clause 7.10.1 of the iso22000 standard also covers these aspects.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Non conformity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users