Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Supplier Management

Start Time: 12.00 p.m. London, 7.00 a.m. New York

Amanda Evans-Lara, HACCP Mentor

Food suppliers can have a major impact on your food business and the products that you produce. With this in mind, it makes good business sense to make sure that they are doing everything within their responsibilities to ensure you only receive the best products. Join the discussion to learn about supplier verification, selection and monitoring processes that you can implement into your food business.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Helping and mentoring others to achieve their food safety and HACCP compliance outcomes.

BRC Consultant

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Looking forward to answering your questions on Supplier Management   :welcome:

Click here to get The Ultimate Guide to HACCP Certification

Read our article on How to be a Successful HACCP Team Leader

Update your HACCP knowledge with our accredited Codex HACCP 2020 Update Online Training

HACCP Mentor is a global food safety compliance and education platform that makes food safety, quality and HACCP compliance easy.

Find us at www.haccpmentor.com

Guest_MikeZ_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Will you tie this webinar into the FSMA Supply Chain program?

How can we verify that our suppliers are not committing Food Fraud (economically motivated adulteration)?  How do we ask them to provide authenticity of the ingredients we buy from them?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Guest_Houman_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

Hello, My question is related to BRC requirement when raw materials are purchased from brokers. BRC standards requirements is that last packer to be known. shouldn't the last packer have a GFSI certification?  Thanks!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Guest_Bria_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

What recommendations can you provide for setting up a Corporate Supplier Management System for an ingredients company?

We manufacture ingredients as well as source ingredients from other vendors so we have external suppliers (source from) and internal suppliers (company owned manufacturing facilities).

Would you recommend setting up an internal audit system as a component of the Supplier Management system to help manage the internal suppliers?

If so, can you provide a resource where I can reference how to set up a comprehensive Supplier Management System?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Are we required by law to provide our 3rd party audit results and corrective actions to vendors when they are setting up their supply chain program with us or is  the certificate (SQF Level 3) sufficient?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Guest_Serkalem Weldemariam_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

My Quotation is the major hazards in pulses and spice industry to implement HACCP and their CCP?  

Guest_Ahmed Salah_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

How can i justify that i can go through Basic cateogry in the BRC for glabal packaging and we are producing many corrugated carton boxes and we have pizza boxes ?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Guest_Aliyu Angara_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

What is the best strategy to adopt if all your frozen food suppliers are unable to deliver at -18oC or lower?and there is no alternative available?

Thanked by 1 Member:

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Helping and mentoring others to achieve their food safety and HACCP compliance outcomes.

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Will you tie this webinar into the FSMA Supply Chain program?

How can we verify that our suppliers are not committing Food Fraud (economically motivated adulteration)?  How do we ask them to provide authenticity of the ingredients we buy from them?

Hi Mike, I think I answered this on the live Q&A, but for the benefit of others I would suggest that you undertake your own testing for the fraud that you believe them to be committing. 

You can ask them as part of your supplier / customer arrangement to provide certificates of authenticity. If you have concerns with this, you can double check with the lab that has compelted the testing to verify the validity of the report.

Update your HACCP knowledge with our accredited Codex HACCP 2020 Update Online Training

HACCP Mentor is a global food safety compliance and education platform that makes food safety, quality and HACCP compliance easy.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hello, My question is related to BRC requirement when raw materials are purchased from brokers. BRC standards requirements is that last packer to be known. shouldn't the last packer have a GFSI certification?  Thanks!

It really depends what the BRC standard states. As far as I know, there is no requirement in BRC that states your suppliers must have a GFSI standard in place. If anyone has further knowledge on this, please jump in :)

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

What recommendations can you provide for setting up a Corporate Supplier Management System for an ingredients company?

We manufacture ingredients as well as source ingredients from other vendors so we have external suppliers (source from) and internal suppliers (company owned manufacturing facilities).

Would you recommend setting up an internal audit system as a component of the Supplier Management system to help manage the internal suppliers?

If so, can you provide a resource where I can reference how to set up a comprehensive Supplier Management System?

I would try and keep it as simple as possible and try not to over complicate it. Determine all of your supplier parameters / policies / procedures around approval, review, use of emergency suppliers, removal, performance monitoring and verification activities.

When you are looking to set up an auditing program for suppliers please take into consideration risk to you business, availability of resources (time, people, auditors, travel, reporting). Ask yourself what you how to achieve out of the process.

Any of the GFSI standards in combination with regulatory requirements can provide you with the framework for you Supplier Management System.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Are we required by law to provide our 3rd party audit results and corrective actions to vendors when they are setting up their supply chain program with us or is  the certificate (SQF Level 3) sufficient?

It depends on the risk of that supplier and what you write into your approval process. Depending on where you are located and what legislation you fall under is also to be considered. FDA regulation on cGMP, Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Foods does have some clauses relating to information required from suppliers.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

My Quotation is the major hazards in pulses and spice industry to implement HACCP and their CCP?  

I am not sure what you are asking here Serkalem. Can you please re-phrase?

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

How can i justify that i can go through Basic cateogry in the BRC for glabal packaging and we are producing many corrugated carton boxes and we have pizza boxes ?

I am not sure about this one. If anyone has some insight to this standard, please jump in :) All I can think (if I am interpreting this question correctly) is that you have a successful audit and become certificated.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:58 PM

What is the best strategy to adopt if all your frozen food suppliers are unable to deliver at -18oC or lower?and there is no alternative available?

Hi Aliyu

I would firstly do a risk assessment on the raw material to be in a frozen state. I would also find out the answers to the following key questions.

- Are there any hazards in the frozen product?

- Will thawing and refreezing affect the food safety of the item?

- You would also need to consider what steps come after the receival step that may render the product safe. Is there a cooking step?

Check your local food legislation to see if there is any laws around frozen product temperature. Sometimes it my state "to be frozen solid" or words to that effect.

HACCP Mentor

HACCP Mentor

• IFSQN Member
  • 132 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

BRC Consultant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

In my Q & A session I offered a $50 discount code for my new HACCP Mentor Express Learning Modules Membership.

Just use the coupon code FSL17 at the checkout to get the discount. This offer is valid until 30 November 2017.

Visit https://haccpmentor....les-membership/ to get more information

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users