Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Human Resources in Food Production 

Start Time: 12.35 p.m. London, 7.35 a.m. New York

Vladimir Surčinski, Auditor and Trainer

Food productions is specific area, were you have to think about numerous areas like food safety, defence, food frauds, operation steps, loses in production, improvements, time management etc. All of this is not possible without the responsible employees who are willing to give effort in mentioned activities. This topic will focus on standard demands regarding human resources, how to implement effective employment, competence tracking and improvement of employees and how to develop one of the hardest thing and that is awareness of employees. 

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Guest_Houman_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hello. My question is about competence  of employees who can not communicate effectively in English, what are the good practices in hiring of production line employees? 

Guest_Michelle_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

We have added additional staff to assist in "streamlining" our mass temporary hire.  This upcoming season we hope to have stations where employees complete the necessary HR hiring documents, then go to a different station where they will be "re-trained" or receive "initial" training on food safety/equipment/GAP/OSHA requirements. Most of our employees are Hispanic with 2 different dialects, this is a challenge, but we are fortunate to have interpreters. 

We are currently working on job descriptions and job analysis for each position.

Are there any suggestions that could improve our plan for next season?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users