• Quick Navigation
Photo

What equipment should be included in the HACCP Process Flow?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

auditqa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if hoppers that help product get into the equipment need to be on the HACCP Process Flow. What about legs and conveyors belt that takes product to equipment. I am having a hard time to include these items on the HACCP Process Flow, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

Hello all,

I was wondering if hoppers that help product get into the equipment need to be on the HACCP Process Flow. What about legs and conveyors belt that takes product to equipment. I am having a hard time to include these items on the HACCP Process Flow, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,

Hi Martens,

It may depend on who is specifically going to audit yr haccp plan, eg local Regulatory, BRC,SQF etc.(??)

It may relate to product/process/location of stage (??).

If haccp is purely Codex-related, the intention of Flowchart is to facilitate subsequent hazard analysis/risk assessment.

The simplest flowchart format often uses box style to show the various operational stages in process but the specific labelling can vary, eg some people label "transfer" for "conveyors". SQF, for example, tends to be more demanding than others  since, IIRC, it requires designation of CPs as well as CCPs on the flowchart.

If there is a specific non-low risk associated with a stage (eg not handleable by GMP alone) it is common IMEX to specify the activity on the flowchart, eg "conveyor" in above example if a metal chain-linked belt variety.

There are numerous flowchart examples on this forum for a variety of product/process types, eg one for yoghurt is here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...o-22000-73-744/

You can see how this is utilized in the hazard analysis by viewing the excel file here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-4#entry50651

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users