• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hi guys,

A quick question. We have an expiry date obviously for our BRC certification. I was wondering do we have to be audited at least 28 days before this expiry date to ensure we have enough time to close out any possible non conformances raised or how does that work?

This is my first unannounced and my sites first unannounced audit. Due to the dates we have blocked out and holidays taken by our selected body I believe that we may over lap on the 28 days prior to expiry. Which also leads me to think the audit will be in the next few days. That belief is solely based on having the 28 days to close out based on our certification expiry date. 

Can anybody confirm if this theory would be correct. 

Thanks,

IL

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Hi IL,

I think it should be at least 42 days before the certificate expires so that as well as non-conformances being cleared within 28 days, a new certificate is issued before the old one expires.

The protocols depends on which option you are on and are as follows:

3 UNANNOUNCED AUDIT PROTOCOL: OPTION 1 – FULL UNANNOUNCED AUDIT
3.7 ONGOING AUDIT FREQUENCY AND RECERTIFICATION
3.7.1 Scheduling re-audit dates The site can choose whether to:
• remain within the unannounced option 1 programme
• transfer to the unannounced option 2 programme
• revert to the announced audit programme.
If the site wishes to remain in the option 1 programme the next audit will be unannounced.
The audit may occur at any stage from 3 months after the last audit date through to 42 days prior to the certificate expiry date; however, this shall typically be within the last 4 months of the certification cycle.
This allows sufficient time for corrective action to take place in the event of any nonconformities being raised without jeopardising continued certification.
It is the responsibility of the certification body to ensure that the audit is undertaken within the certification window and the late audit non-conformity clause (1.1.8) shall not apply.
If the site opts to move to the unannounced option 2 programme the rules for that programme will apply and the announced systems audit will occur within the 28-day window based on the initial audit date.
If the site wishes to withdraw from the unannounced audit programme, the next audit will be scheduled to occur within the 28 days up to and including the anniversary of the last audit date; this ensures that the maximum time between audits is not more than a year.

4 UNANNOUNCED AUDIT PROTOCOL: OPTION 2 – TWO-PART UNANNOUNCED AUDIT
4.7 ONGOING AUDIT FREQUENCY AND RECERTIFICATION
4.7.1 Scheduling re-audit dates The site can choose whether to:
• remain within the unannounced option 2 programme
• transfer to the unannounced option 1 programme
• revert to the announced audit programme.
If the site wishes to remain in the option 2 programme, the audits will be undertaken as indicated by the audit planning rules above.
If the site opts to move to unannounced option 1, the rules for that programme will apply and the full unannounced audit will occur between 3 and 12 months after the initial audit date.
If the site wishes to withdraw from the unannounced audit programme, the next audit will be scheduled to occur within the 28 days up to and including the audit due date indicated on the certificate.
It is the responsibility of the certification body to ensure that the unannounced part 1 audit is undertaken within the audit window. It is the responsibility of the company to ensure that the announced part 2 audit takes place within the certification window to avoid the late audit non-conformity clause (1.1.8).

The re-audit due date range should be on your certificate?:

Attached File  BRC Certificate Template.png   601.13KB   1 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users