• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hi,

We would like to start using heat to increase the speed of sugar dissolving in our sugar syrups and teas

At the moment no heat is used, and the liquids are blended until the sugar is dissolved. 

I'm unsure:

a) What temperature the liquids have to reach when heating

b) What temperature and within what time the liquids need to be cooled.

The liquids will then be used in a frozen product.

Any help much appreciated

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

When you say at the moment no heat is used, does that mean they're refrigerated? If you're already operating between 40-135ºF, any heat you add is pretty much irrelevant. It's only relevant if you're currently using refrigeration as a microbial control.

-Austin

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

gh3177

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

When you say at the moment no heat is used, does that mean they're refrigerated? If you're already operating between 40-135ºF, any heat you add is pretty much irrelevant. It's only relevant if you're currently using refrigeration as a microbial control.

-Austin

Hi Austin

At the moment we are using sugar at room temperature, and water at room temperature. The sugar syrup will then be added to another liquid, at room temperature, and the finished liquid will then be frozen

But I wondered, If i heat the sugar syrup up, what temperature should I heat it up to/ cool it down to before adding it to another room temperature liquid before being frozen?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users