• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi All,

I am trying to find a sample template for the intended use of each product as per section 2.4.3.6 of the Food Safety Plan. I understand that this is different from the product descriptions on in HACCP. We have 300+ SKU that we manufacture, most of which fall within the same categories. Can we group similar products together in categories? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hi All,

I am trying to find a sample template for the intended use of each product as per section 2.4.3.6 of the Food Safety Plan. I understand that this is different from the product descriptions on in HACCP. We have 300+ SKU that we manufacture, most of which fall within the same categories. Can we group similar products together in categories? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Hi btg,

I deduce this is SQF8.

For Manufacturing Safety Code -

2.4.3.6    The intended use of each product shall be determined and documented by the food safety team.  This
shall  include  target  consumer  groups,  the  potential  for  consumption  by  vulnerable  groups  of  the  population,
requirements for further processing if applicable, and potential alternative use of the product.

Assuming some equivalence to the SQF8 Quality Code Guidance, the (as yet unpublished) Safety Guidance looks likely to be similar to (part of) a  typical haccp intro -

The intended use of each of the products included in the scope must be identified, e.g. is the product intended
to be further processed, or prepared by the consumer prior to consumption, or is it ready-to-eat.  Is the
product intended for consumption by a vulnerable group, or by the general population (remembering that
general population includes vulnerable consumers).

Edited by Charles.C, 30 October 2017 - 10:17 PM.
amended

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

dfreund

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 87 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

For many purposes stating that the product is ready to eat (RTE) or listing brief instructions for preparation or use may suffice.

I like to keep it simple and I hope this doesn't underestimate the expectation?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users