• Quick Navigation
Photo

Please Critique My Food Safety Policy

Share this

Best Answer , 06 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Good Morning,

At a glance, it seems to me that the first two bullet points can be merged into 1.

I did not notice any specific statement about management commitment or allocation of resources to the upkeep 

of the Food Safety System.

Also, communication of the Policy to staff and the welcoming of feedback( facilitates two way communication)

Hope this is helpful...

Best Regards

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hassan265

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Tanzania
    Tanzania

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hi, 

Can anyone please review the attached food safety policy and issue comments on where to improve in order to adequately address all requirements stipulated in ISO 22000 in relation to food safety policy

Attached Files

ABBIGAIL BEDASSIE NABBIE

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Trinidad and Tobago
    Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:05 PM   Best Answer

Good Morning,

At a glance, it seems to me that the first two bullet points can be merged into 1.

I did not notice any specific statement about management commitment or allocation of resources to the upkeep 

of the Food Safety System.

Also, communication of the Policy to staff and the welcoming of feedback( facilitates two way communication)

Hope this is helpful...

Best Regards

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hassan265

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Tanzania
    Tanzania

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Any sample policy to help me structure the context of my revised policy?

Anf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Good evening,

According to clause 5.2 f) in ISO 22000 the food safety policy shall be supported by measurable objectives, which means that you need at least two measurable goals. This is something the auditor always has looked at during our ISO 22000 audits.

Our policy is split in three: management commitment, measurable goals and employee commitment.

I miss commitment to produce according to legislation, standards and customer requirements.

How to communicate your food safety policy should be included in your procedure on communication (clause 5.6). Reviewing your policy should be included in procedure on management review.

Hope this helps!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users