• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

Dear All,

Can anyone share an internal audit checklist for SQF Edition 8 (SFQ Quality Code Edition 8, SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing Ed 8 Module 11)?

We wanted to merge this checklist with FSSC 22000 checklist. ( I found a checklist here for FSSC)( http://www.ifsqn.com...list/?p=118082)

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

A checklist for each SQF 8 module can be found at: http://www.sqfi.com/documents/

Just scroll down until you get to the list of documents titled SQF Code – Edition 8: Checklists

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

fuse_23

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

A checklist for each SQF 8 module can be found at: http://www.sqfi.com/documents/

Just scroll down until you get to the list of documents titled SQF Code – Edition 8: Checklists

Thank you for the response.  I would like to ask, if we were previously SQF Code Edition 7.2 (Level 3, July 2014) certified,  which system elements is applicable for us?  I am confused because the new SQF Edition 8 has Quality Code and another is in Manufacturing code that has the system element.  Can I say that we will be using the checklist for quality and also for the manufacturing system element?  Awaiting for any inputs.

Thank you again

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

What were you food sector categories under SQF 7.2?

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Thank you for the response.  I would like to ask, if we were previously SQF Code Edition 7.2 (Level 3, July 2014) certified,  which system elements is applicable for us?  I am confused because the new SQF Edition 8 has Quality Code and another is in Manufacturing code that has the system element.  Can I say that we will be using the checklist for quality and also for the manufacturing system element?  Awaiting for any inputs.

Thank you again

If you were certified under level 3 previously, in my understanding you have need to satisfy first the manufacturing code under your food sector categories and then the quality code.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

fuse_23

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:13 AM

What were you food sector categories under SQF 7.2?

We are food manufacturing FSC 19.  In SQF 7.2 we are using Module 2 level 3 and module 11.  What would be the counter checklist for SQF 8.2?

foodmicrobiologist

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety Management Systems, Food Microbiology, Probiotic Cultures and Health Benefits on Human and Animals.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

ravisth7

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Thank you again

Same with us.

Any audit starting from January, 2018 will be against SQF 8.0 for Food Manufacturing as well as Quality Code.

Checklist would be pretty same except for some of the new additions in the quality code.

Evelynn

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Checklist would be pretty same except for some of the new additions in the quality code.

I was under the impression that the quality code was level 3, and optional. 

For example, under 7.2, our facility was level 2 and fell under modules: 2, 7, 10, 11 and 12.

So I was under the impression that with 8.0, we now fall under: 

-SQF Food Safety Fundamentals

-SQF Food Safety Code For Primary Production

-SQF Food Safety Code For Manufacturing

-SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution

Can anyone clarify this for me?

NBQSM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

I was under the impression that the quality code was level 3, and optional. 

For example, under 7.2, our facility was level 2 and fell under modules: 2, 7, 10, 11 and 12.

So I was under the impression that with 8.0, we now fall under: 

-SQF Food Safety Fundamentals

-SQF Food Safety Code For Primary Production

-SQF Food Safety Code For Manufacturing

-SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution

Can anyone clarify this for me?

This is also my understanding. 

ReyCardenas

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Would like to know if there is an example of a checklist of the below to use as a guide. This section was identified in our Food Safety Audit.

2.5.5 Internal Audits and Inspections (Mandatory) 2.5.5.1 The methods and responsibility for scheduling and conducting internal audits to verify the effectiveness of the SQF System shall be documented and implemented. Internal audits shall be conducted at least annually. The methods applied shall ensure:

i. All applicable requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging are assessed as per the SQF audit checklist or similar tool;

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

Would like to know if there is an example of a checklist of the below to use as a guide. This section was identified in our Food Safety Audit.

2.5.5 Internal Audits and Inspections (Mandatory) 2.5.5.1 The methods and responsibility for scheduling and conducting internal audits to verify the effectiveness of the SQF System shall be documented and implemented. Internal audits shall be conducted at least annually. The methods applied shall ensure:

i. All applicable requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging are assessed as per the SQF audit checklist or similar tool;

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users