• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

Dear All,

Currently I m facing a challenge with the dishwasher final rinse temperature and I m told by a reputated   Dish washing machine manufacturer that they have a machine called as  "Thermolabel Dishwasher" which will be able to attain the temperature what I m looking for .

The temperature I m looking for final rinse is 71 C on the surface of the dish and the way I m checking is by using a temperature sensor - called as dishtemp ( a circular disc)

When the test is performed the machine final rinse temp display show 83 C .

The supplier of machine mentioned that their machine confirms to DIN 10510 which requires the temp of final rinse to be 80 to 85 C but doesn't specify the place of testing , if its on surface or the water which comes out of the nozzle.

I m seeking the opinion here if any of you are facing the same issue and if were to rectify

Thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,666 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Since DishTemp simulates a a plate, you place the DishTemp in a rack with other plates - it is the surface temperature that will be recorded by the DishTemp unit.

So, it is surface of plate and not the nozzle temperature.  

Just look at the DishTemp unit as another plate and load it in as a full rack, that will reveal your best temperature taking method.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Just because the water coming out of your nozzles is at a high temperature does not mean that your rinse cycle will effectively get your plates to that temperature, this is why you're performing the procedure to make sure the plate gets to temp rather than just the rinse water.

As an analogy, think about a shower that is so hot it burns. You can quickly put your hand in the stream to check the temperature without burning yourself, even though it is hot, your hand didn't heat up. The same thing can happen to your plates if the water pressure isn't high enough, contact time isn't long enough, or initial temperature is too low.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

nile

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Fiji
    Fiji

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

It is important that water pressure, contact time should be properly set. Before starting cleaning process ensure proper temperature has reached. Also ensure that water spray nozzles are clogged free for proper pressure. you can stick your disc or t-stick to one of the plate and pass it for washing process to check effective temperature. 

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hi,

you have not described your target in detail. I have done in the past validation in pharmaceutials. Necessary is define the target and perform a validation similar to the oven or autoclave validation: find the coldest spot and check the holding time. The holding time can be very dependent on the cleanness of the plates (or other shapes) before starting the final rinse.

Rgds

moskito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users