• Quick Navigation
Photo

Where to find regulations for spices safety?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Abdoul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Hello everyone, 

Please, I'm looking for websites where can I find regulations (Microbiological, heavy metals, mycotoxin, Fumigant, Ion radiation, Nicotine, Radiation, Allergens, Toxic plant residues and process residues)  of spice safety (maximum levels) because I found many websites full of lows and only some or any values or regulation...only laws.

I'm looking forward to your helping. 

kind regards.  

bensmith007

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Do you have a spice trade association in your country? In the USA, there is ASTA- the American Spice Trade Association. If you join them as a member, you get access to their documentation including plenty of food safety information; they have a guide called 'Clean, Safe Spices' and other similar material.

There is an FDA document called 'Pathogens and Filth in Spices' which is free to download at: https://www.fda.gov/...t/UCM367337.pdf

The Codex Alimentarius has some information on e.g. pesticide residue limits for spices

There are numerous technical books written on spices which may help.

Bodies such as ASTA are probably your best bet as they are charged with collating this information for the benefit of their members who may not have the technical knowledge in house.

Hope that helps!

Ben

Abdoul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Do you have a spice trade association in your country? In the USA, there is ASTA- the American Spice Trade Association. If you join them as a member, you get access to their documentation including plenty of food safety information; they have a guide called 'Clean, Safe Spices' and other similar material.

There is an FDA document called 'Pathogens and Filth in Spices' which is free to download at: https://www.fda.gov/...t/UCM367337.pdf

The Codex Alimentarius has some information on e.g. pesticide residue limits for spices

There are numerous technical books written on spices which may help.

Bodies such as ASTA are probably your best bet as they are charged with collating this information for the benefit of their members who may not have the technical knowledge in house.

Hope that helps!

Ben

Thank you sir for this information.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users