• Quick Navigation
Photo

Can I approve this raw material based on the specification (attached)?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

biodream

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

We have a potential new supplier.  They have provided GMO, Kosher and Allergen statements.  Can  I approve this raw material based on the specification (attached)?  Anybody can give me a short summary of the points I need to review.

Huge thanks

BrummyJim

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 329 posts
  • 117 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Motorbike gone now. Only the dog to walk!

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

My first take is to reject it as the crop was 2012 and the shelf life is 24 months.

However, you need to look at how you approve your suppliers and their products. We also use the same raw material and use a mix of SAQ, GFSI certification and audits to approve the supplier, and a mix of the specific HACCP plan and our experience with the product to approve the material.

Ultimately, it depends on the standard you are using (BRC, IFS, SQF etc.) and the way you interpret it. Be aware that it is not enough to approve the supplier, you must also approve the HACCP which will vary according to the product being produced.

sarahw

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

It talks about sterilisation to the product so I would get hold of the HACCP flow and chart and check what times/temps they are working to.  Also look into pesticide usage and make sure there is a robust supply chain in place.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users