• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm working in the food production industry for the past few years. According to the studies and surveys conducted by the Government of Canada, food-borne illness impacts about 1 in 8 Canadians every year. It's caused by the consumption of foods contaminated with food-borne pathogens. Thus, the contamination of the food supply with the pathogens and its persistence and multiplication has emerged as a public health concern. The food production operations need dedicated staffs to clean and sanitize plants. We must be more cautious about the production process.

I have heard that High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration system can trap microscopic particles and eliminates about 99% of gas particulate. Also, there are immense benefits of using HEPA filters in hospital operating rooms and scientific laboratories to prevent airborne pathogens. I think, HEPA filters would be the most cost-effective option for our plant. So guys, please share your suggestions regarding filtering systems designed for food and beverage processing. Thank you in advance!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:43 AM

Hi Richard,

I suggest you read some of the lengthy threads here on monitoring filtered compressed air supplies.This is a topic closely related to the one you mention.

The preferred choice of filters operationally is currently predictable on a risk-based approach, afaik particularly developed by Campden, UK.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

This is not new or new technology, I was part of a project team that installed HEPA filters in combination with a number of other measures in the 90's to assist in increasing the shelf life of fresh products and to create 'high hygiene' fillers.

Kind regards,

Tony 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users