• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Dear all, 

i getting ready for the BRC audit which in February . 

My main issue is the internal audit clause  which we have send a colleague and did the internal audit course in BRC academy . The previous QA manager left without notice and he took all his note with him and I am missing the previous internal audits

My questions are : 

When my colleague gets the certification how to make the audit plan/ schedule for 2018? Should be monthly ? Which section should be cover  ?

How we could run the internal audit of 2017 , in order to cover the clause internal audits  

thanks in advance 

BirchC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

Hello,

A good basis would be having a different audit for each section of the BRC. 

I would suggest have 4 intervals annually in which you will conduct your internal audits.

When you have separated each section into different internal audits then you should do a risk assessment for each to determine the frequency.

An example could be that your HACCP may be fairly small and only cover one process, so this could be done once per annum. However your site standards may be done quarterly. (this is covered in point 3.4.1)

If you can understand the risk for each area then it will be easier to plan a schedule.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chad

Thanked by 1 Member:

smart17

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

Hi Chad , 

thank you for your answer .

The point 3.4.1 where is it in ISSUE 5-Packaging 

BirchC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hello,

BRC is now at Issue 7. However, i feel that modules will differ between our audits. if you go to the Internal Auditing section then read through the points.

Kind regards,

Chad.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

This is the packaging standard which is on issue 5.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 2 Members:

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 252 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

The 3.4.1 in BRC food (I. 7) is identical to 3.5.1 of BRC packaging (I. 5).

There are three things:

- HRM, PRP and procedures made to comply BRC. You have to determine them all and how they are involved. Some procedures will not be in audit scope (e.g. accounting). This also helps you to define audit scope.

- Practice compliance of HRM, PRP and procedures. A.k.a you check the fact of "Say what you do and do what you say".

- Completion the audit and self-claim of conformity against all BRC requirements. If you could not finish at the time of certification, just show the Auditor that your internal audit programme is under control.

Thanked by 1 Member:

smart17

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

Dear all , 

thank you for your support 

what do you think about this audit schedule? please look attachment 

DN_QAMGR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 37 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Hi,

February is around the corner. Good luck on your audit.

This is my risk analysis after my 2016 audit, hopefully you'll find it useful. Last page states my frequency for internal audits.

Feel free to criticize because I need to review and edit this with a new risk assessment. 

FYI, there was no attachments from your last post smart17.  

DN

Attached Files

Thanked by 5 Members:

smart17

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi DN , 

thank you for your email . i really appreciate your support .

Best Regards 

Themis 

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

DN, stellar job in that BRC RA!

-B

Evelynn

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

This is my risk analysis after my 2016 audit, hopefully you'll find it useful. Last page states my frequency for internal audits.

^ This is a fantastic RA. I'm a very visual person and I really dig this! 

Thanked by 1 Member:

mariorul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:11 PM

Hi,

February is around the corner. Good luck on your audit.

Feel free to criticize because I need to review and edit this with a new risk assessment. 

FYI, there was no attachments from your last post smart17.  

DN

Hi DN,

thank you for your post, I was searching for so long for someone to take this approach. I am totally inexperienced in designing from scratch a risk assessment and  I am petrified at the thought that the external auditors will non-conformance whatever RA I might be able to produce!  Has yours passed any audits yet? and would you like to share the improved version of this RA? The only part which I did not get is the 'outcome decision criteria' from the 'header' of each page as I was expecting to see there the combined scores from 'Severity' and 'Probability', and not still individual scores, but as I said I am very new to all of this. Thank you again for sharing your RA.

DN_QAMGR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 37 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:41 PM

Hi DN,

thank you for your post, I was searching for so long for someone to take this approach. I am totally inexperienced in designing from scratch a risk assessment and  I am petrified at the thought that the external auditors will non-conformance whatever RA I might be able to produce!  Has yours passed any audits yet? and would you like to share the improved version of this RA? The only part which I did not get is the 'outcome decision criteria' from the 'header' of each page as I was expecting to see there the combined scores from 'Severity' and 'Probability', and not still individual scores, but as I said I am very new to all of this. Thank you again for sharing your RA.

Hi Mario,

thanks for your compliment as well as everyone else. 

I have been using this RA for Internal Audit since 2016 and have been validated by my 3rd Party during my audits (which means, yes I passed with the way I designed it.)

As far as the version goes, I still use the same template and edit my Clauses based on non-conformances from previous audits. 

Attached is an SOP I'm working for RA. (of course overdoing SOPs with Risk Analysis). Its not perfect, but as you can see when you view it, I'm expanding the risk grading scale because I want to start breaking down my low risk, medium risk and high risk further. 

Hopefully, when you read the SOP you should understand the Outcome Decision. 

Good luck everyone on your Risk Analysis! It takes time, but its all a learning situation.

Lastly, I'm more embarrassed with my non-conformances which should never happen! But its life, throwing wrenches in everything!

DN

Attached Files

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users