• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hello,

I am needing some help on the food safety plan for SQF. while reading the requirements of the plan it seems o me that they are describing my HACCP plans and my Hazzard
Analysis forms. Can I use these for the "food safety plan" or do I have transfer all the info into a "procedure" form?. Any help or pictures of some current plans would be
appreciated

Thanked by 1 Member:

lorlandini

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Pices,

You did not mention what food you produce, so I do not know if you fall under the FSMA requirements.  I am not sure if SQF is currently or will be adapting the FSMA requirements.  

The FDA has a Food Safety Plan builder template that can be downloaded from their website.  It is very helpful and will give you the tools that you need to create a compliant FSP under the FDA requirements.  I cannot see why SQF would not accept this form of FSP.

Here is the link.   Good Luck.  Leo

https://www.accessda...etyPlanBuilder/

Thanked by 1 Member:

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

I am not sure if SQF is currently or will be adapting the FSMA requirements.  

SQF includes you adhering to all legislation in the country of manufacture and sale. If the government requires it in your country, you're required to do it.

2.4.1.1 The site shall ensure that, at the time of delivery to its customer, the food supplied shall comply with the legislation that applies to the food and its production in the country of use or sale. This includes compliance with legislative requirements applicable to maximum residue limits, food safety, packaging, product description, net weights, nutritional, allergen and additive labeling, labeling of identify preserved foods, any other criteria listed under food legislation, and to relevant established industry codes of practice.

@pices if your current documentation meets the requirement of the code you can have it in whatever format you want it to be.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

Hi Pices,

If you used traditional CODEX methodology in your Hazard Analysis and generating your HACCP plans then then they are likely to fit into the new 'Food Safety Plan' requirements, as in Edition 8 of the Code SQF added more requirement and detail around using CODEX HACCP methodology. This emphasized in the first of the requirements and the guidance:

2.4.3 Food Safety Plan (Mandatory)
2.4.3.1 A food safety plan shall be prepared in accordance with the twelve steps identified in the Codex Alimentarius Commission HACCP guidelines.
2.4.3 Implementation Guidance
What does it mean?
The HACCP Food Safety Plan is the foundation of the site’s SQF System.  The Food Safety Plan must be prepared using the HACCP method, which means that all products and processes included in the SQF scope of certification must be addressed in one or more HACCP plans.  The Codex HACCP model is to be used.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users