Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

HI everyone.  Fairly new to this so I really love this forum.  It's been really helpful to me in setting up and maintaining compliance.  I was thrown into this roll when I was out with a broken ankle(got a haccp certificate online from home) so I have no schooling whatsoever and i'm realizing the complexly of it all. 

I would love some advise on getting a good base of knowledge to feel a bit more confident in this roll.  I'll be attending the webinar next friday on haccp/fsma and am excited to learn about that.  Any suggestions on a 3 day course?  hiring a consultant to come in possibly?  Any help would be appreciated.   Oh,  my company is a internet retail site.  We're primarily cheese.  We buy whole forms and have a cut and wrap room where we break down into pounds and half pound for gift baskets etc.

Thanks again. 

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

If you haven't attended a PCQI training of some kinds (FSPCA's class is recognized by FDA) and you are acting as the qualified individual in your plant now, you need to get in there and become familiar with the preventive controls rule, it will also give you a good overview of HACCP methodology for implementing an appropriate food safety plan.

https://www.ifsh.iit.edu/fspca

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

what is the role you have been thrown into?

And, of course - getting a consultant is a great idea!

Especially one that likes cheese.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

bob schap

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

I do purchasing and inventory control, and now Food Safety.  We have a company merging with us soon and I hope they can have someone on this full time, but in the meantime I have an audit that we scheduled in December that I have a ton of things that need addressing.  Serenity now.  

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

the above and....  

I would consider taking  implementing sqf systems course.  It will give you a good understanding of what is needed in a good food safety program, if you don't have that experience.  It cost is an issue, download a copy of the a standard (SQF, BRC,etc) with the guidance and read / study it.  

I would also consider taking internal auditor training if you are going to continue in this role.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users