• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:03 AM

Hi, 

Can someone please share beer brewing hazard analysis? 

Thank you

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

Hi, 

Can someone please share beer brewing hazard analysis? 

Thank you

So what is the actual Process?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

lorlandini

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Anki,

I am a diploma certified Master Brewer and have 28 plus years in the brewing industry.

The first step for the HA will be to create a process flow from receipt and storage of raw ingredients, water treatment (if any), grain elevation, grain milling, milled grain storage, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpool, cooling, addition of yeast and aeration, fermentation, transfer to aging (if not using uni-tanks), dry hopping if any, aging, filtration, transfer to bottling, canning or kegging, then the actual packaging process along with primary containers and secondary containers.

I will see if I have a copy of one of my HA for the brewing process and send it to you within a day or two.

You will need to analyze every process step for biological, chemical and physical hazards.

Leo

Thanked by 1 Member:

Anki

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your response. We have a bio fermentation and filtration process for a particular protein recovery. The closest process I can think of will be whey protein recovery system or brewing/filtration system. I was wondering what others have done in terms of hazard analysis when it comes to holding tanks, heat exchangers or filters. What sort of hazards are foreseen at those steps? I understand each process is different and so is the hazard analysis, but some of the steps are same or similar and hazard analysis done previously on any system will be of great assistance. 

Looking forward to seeing your hazard analysis. 

Thank you,

Anki

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

Charles, 

I have mentioned the process in my response to Leo. 

Thank you

lorlandini

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Anki,

Unfortunately, I cannot locate the files relative to the beer brewing HA.  I will continue to look and will post if I can locate.

Leo

srs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Maybe you could send a copy to me as well? :) 

Anki,

I am a diploma certified Master Brewer and have 28 plus years in the brewing industry.

The first step for the HA will be to create a process flow from receipt and storage of raw ingredients, water treatment (if any), grain elevation, grain milling, milled grain storage, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpool, cooling, addition of yeast and aeration, fermentation, transfer to aging (if not using uni-tanks), dry hopping if any, aging, filtration, transfer to bottling, canning or kegging, then the actual packaging process along with primary containers and secondary containers.

I will see if I have a copy of one of my HA for the brewing process and send it to you within a day or two.

You will need to analyze every process step for biological, chemical and physical hazards.

Leo

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,425 posts
  • 1503 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this