• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Hello,

We are a Food Agent of raw agricultural product. So we are not doing any process or manipulation to the product (Only Sampling for product quality monitoring) and we are not GFSI certified.

One of our customer's, that is IFS Certified, request us to provide the following documentations:

- Process Flow Chart

- HACCP System

Is someone can guide me on how to prepare these documents and if you have any template examples that I can start with it will be really appreciated.

As a Project Manager for this company my knowledge in Food Quality controls and documentation is more limited. After my researches i find a lot of Process Flow & HACCP examples for manufacturer/processor but not for Agent/Broker.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

So you are warehousing this product? Or do you not handle the product at all?

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

stephanefumi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

So you are warehousing this product? Or do you not handle the product at all?

Yes we are warehousing and transporting the product (Ocean container & Truck). It's all International movements also so Import & Export process is part of it

stephanefumi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Attached File  HARCP PROCESS - DRAFT.xlsx   31.17KB   111 downloadsHello,

I'm bringing up this topic again cause I'm really in neutral mode with this situation.

Also how do you address the Preventive Controls in this type of structure regarding the testing of product coming from multiple suppliers and countries that all have different hazards.

I'm attaching what I've done so far for any comments.

Thanked by 1 Member:

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Also how do you address the Preventive Controls in this type of structure regarding the testing of product coming from multiple suppliers and countries that all have different hazards.

You have to assess each supplier separately and each ingredient separately in your hazard analysis. Sorry, this is the world we live in (USA) now where (unless you're a retailer) the more ingredients you have the more complex your supplier approval/verification system has to be. Can't just switch suppliers every week without looking at the associated risk and taking steps accordingly, even if they're only on paper.

You're off to a good start on your hazard analysis. Here are a few other examples of distributor hazard analyses for comparison: http://www.ifsqn.com...bution-company/

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

"multiple suppliers and countries that all have different hazards"

A good thread provided by FurFarmandFork.

Try to differentiate risks inherent in the process, risks inherent in the product. Also risks inherent in your suppliers (fraud, product substitution, chain of custody controls, etc).

Bottom line: Are you inheriting a hazard from your suppliers? Are you adding a hazard in your process? How do you mitigate/control these risks. Each supplier will be different and each product will be different.

To keep it simple, try classifying your Suppliers and your products and run these product classifications through your process (consider receiving chilled vs. frozen vs. canned products).

-B

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users