Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Please critique my HACCP plan. During my BRC pre-assessment it was recommended to add artwork approval to my flow diagram, however, it is difficult for me to identify the hazards for artwork approval.

Thanks in advance, Michael Moore

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ehab Nassar

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 147 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Hi Michael ,

AS per your description :

*Product/ Product category:Printed corrugated cartons; die cuts; sheets for indirect contact food packaging ,

*Indirect Food Contact. Printing and labeling must be accurate to prevent/eliminate the potential for mislabeling and mixing of finished product which could lead to allergen and/or regulatory food safety labeling noncompliance. Measures must also be instituted for the prevention of introduction of foreign objects such as metal contamination.

this means it is in direct contact food packaging if we assess the artwork regarding food safety we will look for :

1- Using unapproved artwork ( any artwork should be verified and approved by the client before placing any order , it may be digital approved document ,signed off print out or actual sample signed off ) 

2-Using wrong artwork during production ( this is related to your description in indirect food contact as copied above ) 

3-Legibility of the printing regarding Storage conditions ( for sure for the used food item not for the cartons e.g. -18 C, 4 C . ambient ,....) , handling instruction or any other consumer message that may affect safety instructions. ( the final product should have a legible font size and readable , note that this is related to the artwork design , the printing quality is different.) 

4-Where appropriate, print trials shall be carried out and testing shall validate that the agreed product quality and print standards can be consistently achieved.

for sure you will refer to your procedure related  to 5.2 Graphic design and artwork control

BR,

Ehab

Thanked by 1 Member:

slaynboi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

The hazards from incorrect artwork are:

allergen hazards (if allergens are not properly described on the label)

allergen hazards (if ingredient list is incorrect)

micro hazards (eg. if the product needs cooking or storage instructions to control micro hazards)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users