• Quick Navigation
Photo

HACCP for Flavours (i.e. artificial and nature identical flavor)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

jericp02

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Does Anyone know where do i find some useful links when creating hazard for artificial flavour and nature identical flavor. im gathering some info about the limits of chemical and micro hazard for flavour but no one will appear some set of standards from codex or jecfa. 

hope u will help me.

Thank u.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

You won't really find any "standard".  When I was in flavors we based on our hazard assessment on the chemicals meeting the USP requirements.

http://www.usp.org/a...dard-categories

The micro hazard, for the most part, is non-existent with flavor chemicals.  You may have a micro hazard with some natural flavors, juice extract types and what not, but very rare.

Miri

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

There are no references that I am aware of regarding microbiological risks associated with flavors.  Generally, if a compounded flavor contains 20% or more of ethanol or propylene glycol, it is not a microbial risk.  Individual flavor chemicals, or concentrated flavors containing all chemicals (no water, juice, botanical, etc.) is also not generally a risk.  

The Society of Flavor Chemists (I am a member) has a public LinkedIn group you can join if you would like to ask flavor-specific questions.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users