• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Hello,

I have scanned the IFS PACsecure standards and am unable to find a required "document review"; meaning: documents will be reviewed annually or every two years, etc.  Am I missing something--is there actually a requirement stating that all docs must be reviewed an a minimum every 2 years?

Thank you for any assistance.

#2 Danica

Danica

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Yoga, running, mediation, nature, cooking/eating, reading, learning, science/tech, life in general :)

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

I have the PACsecure standards and it states in many sections that documents shall be reviewed annually or when there is a change to product formulation/configuration, new risks, etc.

IFS PACsecure audit requirements Sections 1.4.1, 4.18.4; 4.20.3; 6.1.2 for example require annual review. Also some SOPs need to be reviewed annually (product defense, product fraud, product recall, HACCP plan, PRPs, crisis management program). 

Depending on your internal audits also, you will have to determine which procedure requires to be updated.

Good Luck :)
DA

Thanked by 1 Member:

#3 dbehrmann

dbehrmann

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

Hello Danica,

Thank you for responding and taking the time to review the standard.  I believe I am clear now with regards to how we should proceed.  If I understand correctly, we will continue our annual review of the required documents and SOPs but our actual  "how to do your job" procedures will be left alone unless a change is needed?  Is that how you see it?

Kind Regards,

Daphne

#4 Danica

Danica

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Yoga, running, mediation, nature, cooking/eating, reading, learning, science/tech, life in general :)

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Hi Daphne,

Yes that is how I understand it. Procedures that may change due to new legislation, modification of process (or new equipment=new risks), or things that do not work optimally and for which you might find that you have a collection of corrective actions are the ones I would target for document review. If you have a new risk/hazard, you have to review the documents that are related to the new risk/hazard.

Also, as you use your documents, you might see a better way to set them up and review/modify them. But some DO require to be reviewed no matter what once per year.

I hope my answer makes sense ;)

Good Luck :)

Cheers,

Danica

#5 dbehrmann

dbehrmann

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Great--thanks again you have been very helpful!   

One question, do you have your general work instructions included in your Food Safety Plan, or only your actual documents required by the Standard?  When we first setup, we didn't really know so we pulled in all of our procedures (over 344) which is why I'm wondering about the annual review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users