• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

Hi 

its been a while since I visited the Forum as went for maternity leave.

Coming back to work is not easy especially when they dropped all training in the company on me.

The state that it is on at the moment is shocking.

I have no experience in this and would really appreciate your help.

Can you tell me where the requirement for annual refresher training came from? I have checked BRC, customers standards and cant find any clause.

Do we have to do refresher of every policy and procedure every year? or competency check is enough and if I find they dont comply, do the refresher? or its just requirement for basics (hygiene, food safety, etc)

as now there is procedure, no corresponding check sheet, dates of refresher looks like just been placed for the sake of having them in paperwork.

can someone please share checked and working matrix with me, we have one in place but it wont wok for me and I would rather start something from the scratch.

thank you in advance

Karina 

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 61 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Karina,

I provide training on the following topics: 

All Employees: Food Defense, Food Safety, GMPS, Allergen Control, PPE and Chemical Control, Plant Safety / Emergency Procedures

Select Employees: Using Chemicals / Sanitation, HACCP, Stock and Rotation

I also have training for internal auditors but I keep that separate from our main training program. 

I just use excel and put the names of all employees down the left side of the page.  Then I type in their position.  This position will determine what training classes they'll need (I have an SOP that says what each position needs).  I then list all the classes across the top of the excel document.  So each employee's records go along the row.  I enter the date, in the column corresponding to the class, that they received the training.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

karina.j

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

thank you for this

what about specific procedures and sheets they have to fill in the production and refresh training?

how often it has to be done or competency assessment will establish that?

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 61 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

I cover all of our 'how to fill out records' (as well as good documentation procedures) as part of our HACCP plan training.  Everyone that fills out records gets this training.

My 'refresher training' is the same training course.  I give it annually.  My training includes a 'test' for competency done in training and then a sign off by the immediate supervisor that says they've witnessed the employee satisfactorily and competently perform the tasks.  That is all on the training sign in sheet.  I file that with the tests BEFORE entering the date of training into the matrix.  All annually.

So for me it's -  Employee Sign In Sheet > Give Training w/ test > Mark 'pass' or 'fail' on sign in sheet based on result of test > give sign in sheet to supervisors > supervisors sign off on acknowledging competency w/ observation and return > file all paperwork > update training matrix.   

Also note that although I say I do it all anually, based on employee turnover, I usually end up doing GMPS, allergen, and food defense training 3 - 4 times a year. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

I ran across this....I have something different, but when / if I get time I want to transition to this template.  Whoever created this...thank you!

Attached Files

karina.j

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

Thank you so much for the information

and the template looks impressive

karina

karthik123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 11 June 2021 - 06:22 AM

I ran across this....I have something different, but when / if I get time I want to transition to this template.  Whoever created this...thank you!

Thank you very much the template is looking good and useful me

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users