- - - - -

shelly

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:47 PM

I am just curious to see if anyone has come up with a list of references that are covered by ISO 9001:2000 that are also required by the BRC/IOP.
I am also curious to find out if both standards have the same requirements do you duplicate all documents and add them to each manual, or do you state covered under ISO 9001:2000 and refer to ref. No.......

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:37 PM

Hi Shelly, :welcome:

It's a very good idea as there is quite a lot of overlap between the two standards. Unfortunately it's not something I've done thus far. That said it's something that I would like to see also and perhaps I should take it on. Thanks for the job Shelly…let's see if any of the other forum members can help out first.

Regarding documentation the ideal would be to have one integrated management system, although I understand this isn't easy documentation wise. The problem is we all tend to fall into the trap of organising our management systems to meet requirements of standards and for the convenience of auditors - when they are supposed to be there first and foremost to benefit the business. For example a procedure would be much more useful if it specified the requirements for Quality, Hygiene, Environmental and Health & Safety all together. Rather than having a procedure covering each.

Anyway I'll get off my soapbox now and answer your question. Outside of a completely integrated management system I would tend to refer to the procedure rather than duplicate it and if for example during the BRC/IOP audit the auditor asked to see you preventive maintenance procedure I'd just get the ISO9000 manual of the shelf.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

rheath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:54 PM

Hi Shelly,

I have a copy of an academic comparative study completed by Louis Hoogvliet - Hogeschool Zeeland, University of Bradford.

This was undertaken on behalf of the corrugated industry - there is some useful information in this, my only difficulty is that I only have paper based copy.

I have attached a 1 page, scanned PDF copy of a matrix which compares the elements of a number of standards - (unfortunately it refers to 9001:1994 - but is fairly useful all the same).

Hope this helps

Regards

Richard

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dunaskin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hi Shelly

I have an integrated Quality and Hygiene/GMP Manual with the last page detailing a cross reference matrix of the requirements for both ISO9001 & BRC showing our corresponding internal documented procedure and/or process map. This manual has been seen by both our BSI & BRC Assessors without question nor comment. My advice is use the standards to help your organisation don't let them rule how you decide to document your systems.

Regards

Ian

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

Hi Ian,

That's excellent :clap:

It would be nice if you could share the cross reference matrix with the forum. You could delete the column that makes reference to your procedure / process if you were concerned.

It would save me a job. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Dunaskin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:41 AM

Simon

I have attached an Excel Sheet of a matrix showing ISO & BRC cross references which I use in our QMS/Hygiene Manual. Hope it is of help.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:06 PM

That's absolutely brilliant mate - you are a star! :king:

Cheers,
Simon

shelly

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:11 PM

Simon

I have attached an Excel Sheet of a matrix showing ISO & BRC cross references which I use in our QMS/Hygiene Manual. Hope it is of help.

Thanks for all your info.

You are a true star

Cheers

Randy1003

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

These files are very helpful. Is there an updated version of such where I can make use of?

Thank you.

Randy

Donie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

Thank you all!

Col Tee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

Hi Guys 

Help!!!!

Does anyone have a matrix showing sililarities between ISO 9001-2015 to BRC/IoP Packaging and packaging materials Version 6

Thank you.

Col

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hi Guys 

Help!!!!

Does anyone have a matrix showing sililarities between ISO 9001-2015 to BRC/IoP Packaging and packaging materials Version 6

Thank you.

Col

afaik, not seen one yet.

it's not a simple comparison, for example can see  iso9001:2008 vs BRC (2008) Food here -

https://www.ifsqn.co...e-5/#entry33194

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users