• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

Hello IFSQN Community,

I am in the processing of getting my company BRC Certified for the first time by the end of this year. We already have some documents and I just started performing a GAP Analysis and understanding the BRC Code since I am not BRC Certified yet. I would to know what hurdles to expect and how to enforce the quality system during this process. I would really appreciate your input. Any resources and documentations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

Hello IFSQN Community,

I am in the processing of getting my company BRC Certified for the first time by the end of this year. We already have some documents and I just started performing a GAP Analysis and understanding the BRC Code since I am not BRC Certified yet. I would to know what hurdles to expect and how to enforce the quality system during this process. I would really appreciate your input. Any resources and documentations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Santiga,

I assume you refer to Food.

The primary BRC7  resource is the BRC7 Interpretation Guidelines (IG).

All the GFSI-recognised FS Standards can occasionally be textually difficult to understand as to their specific intentions. The IG aims to explain the motivation underpinning the BRC Standard's clausal content and the associated auditorial expectations regarding compliance.

A few, IMO, potentially significant BRC "Cons" with respect to some other FS Standards -

(1) BRC7 Standard exhibits an incessant requesting of risk assessments for everything in sight.

(2) BRC7 Standard includes various items which are, to put it simply, unrelated to Food Safety, for example weight control.

(3) BRC is (relatively) oriented to the UK, FS scene and in particular enables UK Manufacturers/Retailers to assert adherence to legal Due Diligence requirements.

(4) The BRC IG is not free.

A few Pros (for some people) are (a) It's relatively Prescriptive, (b) Only one Standard per Entity, (c) Feedback is relatively prompt/transparent.

For a more detailed appreciation of BRC's characteristics I suggest you have a look at some of the various other threads here which compare details of "GFSI" Standards.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users