Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

I am new to BRC and the  company ,they have a manual with over 300 pages, with each BRC policy,procedure and clause on its own sheet of paper. I'm trying to rewriting / condense the manual. Can i for instants 

write a procedure like this, which adds the clause and explains the procedure --Sample

4.4 XXX, Inc. has in place, an on-going condition assessment, that is performed during the Monthly Production Meeting, to ensure:

4.4.1 The condition of the facility walls are finished and maintained to prevent the accumulation of dirt, minimize condensation and mold growth, and facilitate cleaning

4.4.2 The condition of the floors is suitably hard wearing to meet the demands of process and withstand cleaning materials and methods. They are impervious, and maintained in good repair to facilitate cleaning

4.4.3 The drainage is sited on a site map, designed and maintained to minimize risk of product   contamination, and not compromise product safety. Floors in the production area have adequate falls to cope with the flow of any water towards suitable drainage. Any remaining  water is squeegeed towards the drain at the end of wash down.

4.4.5 The condition of the ceilings and overheads are constructed, finished and maintained to  prevent the risk of product contamination. Where appropriate, additional coverings are in place to protect open product from contamination

Any findings are documented on the Monthly Vulnerability Assessment and, if corrective action is required, addressed by utilizing the CIPAR Process.

or do i have to spell out each clause on its own procedure.

Please help!!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

You can have whatever procedures are applicable to your company. It is your responsibility as the QA person to communicate how your policies meet the requirementsof the code. Outside of identifying that you support the code, there is no reason to ever reference any specific clause in your SOP's unless it helps you personally.

I greatly dislike systems that are intended to make audits easy rather than support your QMS. The audit is one day, you have to use the system the rest of the year. I applaud your attempt to make a more meaningful (and consise) documentation system.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users