• 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

Dear Friends 

Good morning....

I am here again with a :unsure: doubt.

What will the time and temperature control for Blast freezing process intended to produce Frozen marinated raw chicken and frozen cooked chicken. Below is the flow:

Frozen marinated chicken:   Receive-Frozen Storage-Thawing-Preparation-Packing-Blast Freeze-Frozen Storage-Dispatch

Frozen Cooked Chicken:  Receive -Frozen Storage-Thawing-Preparation-Cooking-Cooling-Packing-Blast Freeze-Frozen Storage-Dispatch

I am concern about the temperature and time control at the above red highlighted steps.

You comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

Dear Friends 

Good morning....

I am here again with a :unsure: doubt.

What will the time and temperature control for Blast freezing process intended to produce Frozen marinated raw chicken and frozen cooked chicken. Below is the flow:

Frozen marinated chicken:   Receive-Frozen Storage-Thawing-Preparation-Packing-Blast Freeze-Frozen Storage-Dispatch

Frozen Cooked Chicken:  Receive -Frozen Storage-Thawing-Preparation-Cooking-Cooling-Packing-Blast Freeze-Frozen Storage-Dispatch

I am concern about the temperature and time control at the above red highlighted steps.

You comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

It depends on a variety of factors such as -

type/freezing capacity/loading of blast freezer

type of packaging

thickness/weight of pieces (whole chickens?)

product input temperature

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Perhaps this helps

4.2.3 Defrosting or Thawing

Defrosting or thawing may be performed in air or water. The operator is responsible to ensure that the temperature of the meat is controlled to minimize the time that any portion of a meat product is above 4°C. Operators are responsible for establishing appropriate best before dates which take into account the length of time elapsed before the product was originally frozen.

The placing of frozen meat into cooking kettles without prior thawing is permitted only when a representative sample of the entire lot has been thawed and found to be sound and unadulterated.

Meat products which have been frozen and thawed for sale in a refrigerated state must be labeled in accordance with article B.01.080 of the Food and Drug Regulations as "previously frozen".

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users