Good Afternoon Everyone,
i am hoping to get guidance on clause 3.3.1 and 3.3.2 in the BRC Global Standard - Agents and Brokers 2.
I work at a company that has approximately 30 employees, with a good portion of them being sales representatives. We are in the process of implementing the requirements to meet BRC and i am writing the procedures to meet the clauses.
Many of the employees are cross functional example - the receptionist also does logistics coordination. Since we are small, and many people are cross functional - we do not have file restrictions for the files we keep on our electronic share drives.
All (or almost all) of the records we generate or receive are in an electronic format. we also try to limit having hard copies of files to save trees.
- Clause 3.3.1 states " Where records are in electronic form these shall be suitably backed up to prevent loss"
- could anyone advise on how they interpret "suitably backed up" ?
my company has a daily backup download of information on our shared drives. this information is saved externally for up to 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks the backup purges the information to save new data. Inventory records are kept in a separate traceability system which does not purge itself. Would this be "suitably backed up"?
- Clause 3.3.2 states " Records shall be stored securely"
- could anyone provide an example of how to store electronic files securely ? would file restrictions need to be in place to meet this requirement?
- As i mentioned above, most of our records are electronic and we do not have file folder permissions because of the nature of our company.
Thank you, i appreciate all the help.