Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Greetings!  I am looking for information on the actionable or permissible levels of Coliform CFU on non-food contact surfaces.  This is for a grain cleaning and flour/cracked grain production facility.  We do not have a pathogenic kill step and pass this on to the end user. 

Thank you for your help!

Ben 

Benjamin Wild

Quality & Safety Manger, Montana Milling, Inc.

Chef_K

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

There is no set limit. Clearly the closer you are able to maintain it to zero the less risk of possible customer illnesses. Based on all of the documents that I have read over the years, I would never exceed 100 CFUs for coliforms, but as testing is being done, I would gradually move my limit down to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of my facility.

The Almond Board of California did a Pathogen Environmental Monitoring Program (PEM) that might be useful for you. You can look it up on the internet.

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

Charles C. has a collection of various guidelines here: http://www.ifsqn.com...ntact-surfaces/

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users