Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone have a format or outline for assessing the new SQF Ed. 8 Food Fraud requirement related to food packaging manufacture?

We purchase all of the materials, and so far we have performed a review of public financials for each supplier to ensure fiscal stability. However, I'm  not sure how to prepare a 'vulnerability assessment and mitigation plan' for these materials/suppliers.

Thanks for any ideas!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

perhaps this will help--free online tool, was recommended by SQF trainer/auditor at my training session in Feb

https://www.foodsafe...erability-tool/

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

nbobrowicz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

Thanks. I looked at this in September, but will revisit it. The results output is rather confusing (to me).

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:18 AM

Thanks. I looked at this in September, but will revisit it. The results output is rather confusing (to me).

And I.

Contains thoughtful/insightful  encyclopedical menus/questionnaires  But IMO needs an army to do the grunt work.

Also afai could see there is no explanation how the results are (magically) calculated. And what they actually mean in absolute terms.

I also failed to find any way to exit prior to reaching the end of the total program which precluded doing simulated trials.

So i gave up after an hour or so.

Another comment -

As part of my research on assessment tools available, I gave the PWC/SSAFE Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment online tool a run.  This free tool is an electronic diagnostic that enables companies to assess their vulnerability to food fraud. I found it relatively easy to use through the “answer the question format” but think it could be very time consuming when completing for each supplier/ raw material combination. It is most important that individuals completing the answers have the requisite knowledge or expertise.

https://haccpmentor....ontrol-program/

PS - I should add that despite my above negative comments some other posters here have claimed to have achieved auditorial success with the tool. I congratulate them.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users