• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hi there

I'm shopping for a new CB for our SQF facility...........any recommendations or steer clear of, please pass along. Located in Ontario Canada, but Detroit Michigan is about as close as Toronto

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

I like - 

CICS Americas Inc.

C8160000058D.logo.CICS_Better_experience

2 Innerwoods Pl.
The Woodlands, TX 77382
United States
Main Phone: (281) 292-8606
Fax: (281) 476-6613

Contact

Henriette Camargo, Sales & Marketing Manager

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 2 Members:

ashmatt1027

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

I just completed a surveillance audit with Merieux NutriSciences and am now shopping around as well.  I had an unannounced annual certification audit last year.  Our 2016 score was a 97, our 2017 score was a 73.  It was a huge, unexpected blow.

After this surveillance audit, I really want to find a new certifying body.  We manufacture colorants and I've never experienced an audit as unreasonable as these last two audits have been.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

So it looks like we are going with Dicentra..........the references I have spoken with have been glowing...they do have offices in the USA as well.

It's funny to me that I can find a review for my doctor........but when searching for a CB,zippo

I had another flat out refuse to forward me contact info to clients by way of reference........what are you hiding then? Claimed is was a breech of confidentiality

NSF knows that they are priced high, but were shocked when I told them 20% higher than the industry standard.

Gross, the whole thing is making me ill...................we are all getting robbed and do not have any recourse

LindaALaw

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

We use SAI Global (under the SQF scheme).  First and second audits were 96% (Excellent) and we are waiting for our "unannounced" third audit, which may not be quite so successful. 

We find the auditor to be very thorough but fair and helpful at resolving issues.  This may change when we are assigned a new auditor for the next audit since I believe they have to change after 3 consecutive visits....we'll see!

Audits are never pleasant experiences but the cost of doing business in todays global market :cool:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

You lucky duck----same auditor 3 years running!!!!

The quote I received from SAI was actually surprising low cost (relatively speaking) I have dealt with that company in the past but under FSSC

I do not have any objections to firm but fair, that's how they all should be auditing

scoot915

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

My only experiences have been with SAI Global.

3 GMP audits and one SQF audit.

I agree with LindaALaw.

I have had 5 different auditors and found them all to be thorough but fair and helpful with resolving issues.

We failed our first GMP and rightly so ;)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:38 AM

My only experiences have been with SAI Global.

3 GMP audits and one SQF audit.

I agree with LindaALaw.

I have had 5 different auditors and found them all to be thorough but fair and helpful with resolving issues.

We failed our first GMP and rightly so ;)

Hi scoot,

Just to note that the auditors are being paid by the auditees.

So IMO one should definitely be  unhappy if they are not fair or helpful.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

loveforfood

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 44 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

I've worked with Merieux Nutrisciences for 4 years, first year in a Pie Manufacturing company, the other 3 in a juice manufacturer. Great auditors, thorough, fair and helpful. No complaints at all.

Quality Is the Goal

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 57 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

I recommend TUV Nord USA, really good customer service, great auditors. I've been working with TUV Nord USA for over 3 years no complaints or concerns.  Website:  https://www.tuv-nord.com/us/en/home/

Thanked by 1 Member:

Uki-Girl

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ukraine
    Ukraine

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

I recommend TUV Nord USA, really good customer service, great auditors. I've been working with TUV Nord USA for over 3 years no complaints or concerns.  Website:  https://www.tuv-nord.com/us/en/home/

Im working with TUV Nord USA too, its a German company, so far its the cheapest i found, and there is not that many companies who do the audits in my country. 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

Thanks to everyone....we did settle on SAI Global.......so far they've been good to work with, but haven't had our audit yet!!!

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 107 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

I've had a number of SQF audits with SAI Global, and haven't had an issue, aside from my auditor's accent (Italian born to Italian parents but raised in Argentina).  But, he was able to conduct employee interviews in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, so I knew that we had done a good job with training.  Had vastly different results between two auditors that I had for 3 BRC audits from SGS, which was a bit disconcerting considering the sites, while being in different states, all had the same corporate policies and only minimal site-specific policies.  Audit 1 and 3 with one auditor was scored 96 and 97 respectively, audit 2 with a different auditor was scored an 87.

But yeah, enough rambling.  SAI Global good.  That's likely who I am going to bring in for my SQF audit at my new facility.  The only thing (which I am not sure if they have resolved yet) is that, when I last talked to them at the end of 2017, they were in a bit of a tussle with Costco and thus, were unable to audit us against the Costco SQF addendum.  Perhaps someone else knows more about that situation than I do.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

We (fortunately) have not had to complete the Costco Addendum as yet (they sadly dropped our product for next year after almost doubling this years PO from last year.....new buyer boo hiss) so I cannot help with that

But this is from SAI globals website which lists Costco

www.saiglobal.com/assurance/food-safety/retailer-store-audits.htm

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

I found this thread and wanted to mention Eurofins as another possible CB.. Of course there are so many reputable ones, but i saw that they were not mentioned as a potential. 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Brendan Triplett

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 511 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Rugby, Military History, Reading

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

NSF does seem to be priced a bit higher but I have also found that when working with them that I have gotten more constructive feedback then I have received working with other groups.  There is also a standard on how many years that your are permitted to have the same auditor in a row so there is no worry for getting a bad reviewer and then being stuck for any period of time.  Requesting a particular auditor also goes a long way to building a positive relationship as long as they are "in-network."

Vice President and SQF Practitioner in Pennsylvania
Brendan Triplett

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users