• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:25 AM

Hi Everyone!

I am working in a packaging company which manufactures Labels and corrugated boxes. We are doing print process for labels which are used for canned tuna, fruits, etc. Now, my problem is who should be responsible when a food fraud (economically motivated) happens? should it be just our customers? or are we accountable since we print the labels for them? Thanks!

Best regards,

Donie

Basaukhator

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

Hi Dear, 

i think your first to read the PAS 96 standard. 

and for your question EMA might be possible by your Buyers (Wrong Label Printing Order) & Vendors.. 

redfox

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 481 posts
  • 163 thanks
Excellent

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:42 AM

Hello,

In your case, it is the responsibility of your customer who orders and uses the sticker. It is not in your control if the sticker you made, example on weight,  8-oz and it will be put by your customer in an packaging containing only 6-oz. It is not under your control. It is like you're selling them bullets, and they use it on criminal activity, you're not liable on the result of their action.

You can state in you contract, that you're adhering all regulations in doing business on stickers manufacturing, and any wrongdoings done by your customer you're not liable.

regards,

redfox

Donie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Hello,

In your case, it is the responsibility of your customer who orders and uses the sticker. It is not in your control if the sticker you made, example on weight,  8-oz and it will be put by your customer in an packaging containing only 6-oz. It is not under your control. It is like you're selling them bullets, and they use it on criminal activity, you're not liable on the result of their action.

You can state in you contract, that you're adhering all regulations in doing business on stickers manufacturing, and any wrongdoings done by your customer you're not liable.

regards,

redfox

Big thanks for your help kabayan. :spoton:

Regards,

Donie

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am working in a packaging company which manufactures Labels and corrugated boxes. We are doing print process for labels which are used for canned tuna, fruits, etc. Now, my problem is who should be responsible when a food fraud (economically motivated) happens? should it be just our customers? or are we accountable since we print the labels for them? Thanks!

Best regards,

Donie

Hi Donie,

Firstly it depends on what you mean by "fraud" in the context of the present case..

The legal responsibility in case of subsequent safety incidents for a printer (or packer) ignoring an observed  error/omission in a customer supplied label can depend on yr location. Previous threads here relating to UK / NZ respectively demonstrated that there could be  liability.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users