• 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

Good day

Trust all is well on this group.

Long shot here, but I need some technical assistance.

Currently I do nutritional calculations on excel, by manually copying and pasting and calculating, which is very time consuming.

Can some one please recommend a software that they are currently using to assist them for this? 

Or does some one have a excel spreadsheet with macros enabled and developed that they could share with me which they use to do their calculations?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

thanks

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:04 AM

Dear Twinkle,

Sometimes there are possibilities to adapt your ERP system. Include a nutritional calculation module in it, which is linked to all the raw materials and bills of materials.

It's an investment, but if you calculate the time you spend by doing it manually, it can have an interesting ROI.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ian R

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 121 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hi Twinkle

There is software called Nutricalc which is very good and gives a lot of information.

Ideally you need to load the database with your specific ingredients in order to get the best results and DO NOT rely solely on the internal database

I am sure there is other software, I have used Nutricalc and find very useful.

However once you have seen the prices for one licence you might find that an excel spreadsheet is a cost effective alternative

rdgs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Julz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:01 AM

Hi Twinkle,

I use the nutritional panel calculator supplied by FSANZ (Food Standards Australia and New Zealand).  This is a free program which allows you to refer to products in their data base as well as adding your own Nutritional info for individual ingredients.   Try this and see what you think....

http://www.foodstand...troduction.aspx

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi Twinkle,

I use the nutritional panel calculator supplied by FSANZ (Food Standards Australia and New Zealand).  This is a free program which allows you to refer to products in their data base as well as adding your own Nutritional info for individual ingredients.   Try this and see what you think....

http://www.foodstand...troduction.aspx

Hi Julz,

Thks for the link.

I note there is a warning of current difficulties at the link. Indeed, after reaching the Calculator Page, the Program  would not start for me.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Julz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

Hi Charles,

Hmm, this is not normally the case.  I have not been on the program for a while now (approx 4 months), so I am not sure how long the warning has been shown on line.

Normally it calculates and then you can print the nutritional panel and save it to the data base (personal).

Hopefullythey will have this fixed in the near future. :spoton:

Mridula Rajeev

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Hi Twinkle

There is software called Nutricalc which is very good and gives a lot of information.

Ideally you need to load the database with your specific ingredients in order to get the best results and DO NOT rely solely on the internal database

However once you have seen the prices for one licence you might find that an excel spreadsheet is a cost effective alternative

rdgs

Im using Nutricalc  software. :)

Twinkle

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi Twinkle

rdgs

Yip I have seen the prices  :shutup: . I think for now the excel spreadsheet will have to do.  :cool:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users