• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Dear Community, 

perhaps you will be able to help me with the following question - do you have any materials on how a liquid (let's assume water) behaves as function of the duration of trips in regular containers/trucks/insulated trucks/non operating reefers – in different outside temperature conditions?

The idea behind it is of course cost savings - if let's say I could transport a liquid product for more hours in a regular truck for a few more hours without compromising quality i/o in insulated truck as I currently do.

Many thanks in advance! 

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

Dear Agata,

That depends on the liquid you are transporting. And the legal requirements and the quality/food safety criteria that are applicable to that liquid.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Thanked by 1 Member:

AgataK

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Hi Gerard, 

thank you for your reply! 

That would be a soft drink in my case... I also found this website http://www.container...4_03_01_01.html and tried to use the equation provided there, however i'm stuck at the meaning of "e"... any idea what that could be?  :helpplease:  

Dear Agata,

That depends on the liquid you are transporting. And the legal requirements and the quality/food safety criteria that are applicable to that liquid.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Dear Agata,

Couldn't it be Euler's number? As it isn't specified under the equation, it's the first thing I think about. Also, because this mathematical constant plays a role in natural processes.

"The number e is a approximately equal to 2.71828"

It's interesting to see, whether it gives you relevant results, when you put 2.71828 in your equation.

Kind regards,

Gerard

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, trucks, container, liquid, transportation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users