Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

I'm looking for some assistance in regards to a document that has been requested by one of our customers. She called it an FSMOC document which I understand is a Food Safety Management of Change document. Our company at this time doesn't have this specific document that is being requested and I have searched trying to find out exactly what it is. Has anyone else ran into this? Can anyone help me figure out what exactly this is and what it entails?

Thanks!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Is this your change log?  You should have a master change log regardless of whether or not you subscribe to a GFSI.  Every change that is made to the food safety management system should be there with an explanation why the change was made; it also ensures the most up to date version of documents is being used

This is what came to mind for me on this, though I've never heard it phrased that way before

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:29 PM

Or maybe it's a document that says how you manage change to your Food Safety System?

More info about what, specifically, is being asked for might help.

Marshall

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

At a previous company I worked at, FSMOC referred to a log of physical changes within the facility, i.e. construction projects, new equipment, etc. and the management of those changes (was proper cleanup conducted after work, were food safety precautions taken, was microbiological monitoring completed before and after the work, etc.)  I can see how it can be a little bit of an ambiguous term, though.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

At a previous company I worked at, FSMOC referred to a log of physical changes within the facility, i.e. construction projects, new equipment, etc. and the management of those changes (was proper cleanup conducted after work, were food safety precautions taken, was microbiological monitoring completed before and after the work, etc.)  I can see how it can be a little bit of an ambiguous term, though.

Hi MsMars,

Yes, just a little.

My first thought before I saw the thread title was Moment of Confusion.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users